[Lxc-users] Control panel

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 16 15:05:30 UTC 2011

Quoting Geordy Korte (gkorte at gmail.com):
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr>wrote:
>
> > On 03/16/2011 02:16 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> >
> >> Had some time to spare and decided that I would pitch in. Attached a
> >>>

> >> Exactly - this is exactly what I was thinking and how I've done some
> >> things like this in the past.  It's not that the things it does need
> >> to be fancy - it's just that it should reduce typing quite a bit.
> >>
> >> I like it.
> >>

> > I share Serge's opinion.
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> > OK...
>
> So what could we put in it? We can edit the cfg files for a container but
> that seems a little over the top since VI or any good text editor will do
> the same.
>
> I can't think of anything I would like in there but then again I only have 8
> containers.

Some simple things:

1. editing configs actually is useful just bc you don't have to type
in the whole config pathname

2. tag containers in the list view and perform group actions

3. open consoles - heck, perhaps tag containers in the list view,
create a new screen session, and open a console for each container
in a new window in the screen session.  Limited by # of screens in
a session though.

-serge