[Lxc-users] Control panel

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Mar 16 14:34:57 UTC 2011

On 03/16/2011 03:23 PM, Geordy Korte wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr>wrote:
>
>> On 03/16/2011 02:16 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>>
>>> Had some time to spare and decided that I would pitch in. Attached a
>>>>

>>> Exactly - this is exactly what I was thinking and how I've done some
>>> things like this in the past.  It's not that the things it does need
>>> to be fancy - it's just that it should reduce typing quite a bit.
>>>
>>> I like it.
>>>

>> I share Serge's opinion.
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> OK...
>
> So what could we put in it? We can edit the cfg files for a container but
> that seems a little over the top since VI or any good text editor will do
> the same.
>
> I can't think of anything I would like in there but then again I only have 8
> containers.

You should use the monitoring of the container to reflect the changes.
Not sure that would be easy with a shell script.
IMHO, the dialog based is a good way to prototype but I think a ncurse
based program would more adequate as it can directly use the C api of
the liblxc and provide much more functionalities.

Also, it could be interesting to add a container configuration/creation
wizard ala 'anaconda'.