[Lxc-users] Control panel

Stuart Johnson stuart at stu.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 02:04:44 UTC 2011

>> Meaning you think python would be too heavyweight?
> Certainly as one approaches the embedded end of the spectrum, there's
> something to be said for avoiding dependencies on large (compared to
> busybox ash) interpreters.  It'd be neat if I could deploy per-service
> containers on, say, a router with an 8MB MTD and 32MB RAM, and using
> python/perl/ruby/whatever would make that harder.  Maaaaybe lua would be
> a better fit; I tend to stick to busybox ash, since it's already there.

Perhaps we should be asking first, should an ncurses control panel be
part of LXC or a separate project?  If it's the latter, then its rather
immaterial, although personally I would love it to be part of LXC.  I
want to able to install LXC on any Linux box, and start managing
containers with the least amount of effort.