[Lxc-users] starting a container causes Xorg to consume 100% cpu

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Jun 22 17:05:49 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 06:55 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:
> On 22 June 2010 17:32, Stuart Nixon<stuart at rednut.net>  wrote:
>> Hello LXCers
>>
>> When ever I start a lxc container the hosts Xorg process starts
>> consuming 100% cpu time.
>>
>> Is this a known issue? Are there any work-arounds to avoid this behaviour?
> I can reproduce this issue on a container (with separate rootfs) which
> does not even have
> pts, tty or networking set up. gettys in the container are commented
> out, of course. This is on 2.6.34 with lxc 0.7.0
> It also leaves me unable to switch ttys in the host. Shutting down the
> container does not fix the problem, I have to kill X for it to go back
> to normal.

The problem does no longer occur since I upgraded to ubuntu 10.04, what
is your distro ? I am not suggesting you have to upgrade ;)

Is it possible to check if that happens with lxc-start -n name /bin/true
? That will help to discriminate lxc or a process doing something inside
the container.

Thanks
   -- Daniel