[Lxc-users] starting a container causes Xorg to consume 100% cpu

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:55:24 UTC 2010

On 22 June 2010 17:32, Stuart Nixon <stuart at rednut.net> wrote:
> Hello LXCers
>
> When ever I start a lxc container the hosts Xorg process starts
> consuming 100% cpu time.
>
> Is this a known issue? Are there any work-arounds to avoid this behaviour?
I can reproduce this issue on a container (with separate rootfs) which
does not even have
pts, tty or networking set up. gettys in the container are commented
out, of course. This is on 2.6.34 with lxc 0.7.0
It also leaves me unable to switch ttys in the host. Shutting down the
container does not fix the problem, I have to kill X for it to go back
to normal.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com