[Lxc-users] Reboot from container

atp Andrew.Phillips at lmax.com
Mon Jun 21 14:10:01 UTC 2010

John,

> I disagree. Trying to migrate from openvz (which has a working
> reboot/shutdown inside the guest) to lxc this was one of the show
> stopper bugs / features that prevented me from using lxc in a
> production environment to replace openvz.

 What are the others?

 My goal is to run with the distro supplied rc.sysinit script, which
I've managed to do with FC12. I have to disable/remove fsck, start_udev
and a bunch of others, but its nicer than writing my own rc.sysinit.

If I can think of a way of not having to cp /bin/true /sbin/start_udev
or getting udevd to manage the container /dev that would be better, but
there are bigger problems to solve at the moment, like /proc
containerization.

 What are your top 3 blockers?

 Andy

Andrew Phillips
Head of Systems

www.lmax.com

Office: +44 203 1922509
Mobile: +44 (0)7595 242 900

LMAX | Level 2, Yellow Building | 1 Nicholas Road | London | W11 4AN

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.