[Lxc-users] Reboot from container

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 02:22:27 UTC 2010

>> I disagree. Trying to migrate from openvz (which has a working
>> reboot/shutdown inside the guest) to lxc this was one of the show
>> stopper bugs / features that prevented me from using lxc in a
>> production environment to replace openvz.
>
>  What are the others?

That was the only show stopper that I know of at the current time.

One other issue / difference between openvz and lxc is that processes
of the guest show up in the host process list. In openvz there was a
way to hide these. I do not know if this can be done with lxc. I do
not consider this show stopper for me although it does cause issue
with gentoo init scripts. Specifically stopping/restarting host
services can kill guest services. For example restarting nagios nrpe
in the host also kills nrpe in every guest. I can deal with that. I
think that is a bug in the init script since I believe it should have
checked the pid.

John