[Lxc-users] LXC container SSH X forwarding kernel crash

Ferenc Holzhauser ferenc.holzhauser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:10:44 UTC 2010

Hi Arie,

I didn't have the time to experiment more with it (I'm using kvm
temporarily on those machines). But I'm also interested in a solution.

I suspect it is HW related somehow. It happens only on our sun x4100
servers consistently (NIC driver?). I don't know enough about the
kernel though to judge if it is possible at all (with e.g. bridge in
between). Same Ubuntu host installation and configuration, same lxc
config with same rootfs runs happy on other machines (regular PC and
HP server).

What kind of HW are you using?
If your time allows, could you by a chance do the local loop
experiment what Serge proposed? For that I think you'll need an X
server installation in the container with e.g. VNC to connect to X
(which I didn't have the chance to set up yet).

Best regards,
Ferenc