[Lxc-users] LXC container SSH X forwarding kernel crash

Arie Skliarouk skliarie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 17:56:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 19:10, Ferenc Holzhauser <
ferenc.holzhauser at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect it is HW related somehow. What kind of HW are you using?

It is Intel Server Board S5500WB with dual quad Xeon processors.
Network card is "Intel Gigabit Ethernet Network".

> Are the container and host the same distribution?
>
> No, the host is ubuntu 10.04 and container is ubuntu 8.10. Note that I am
able to login into the container using ssh. It is only when I try to scp
some data to the container the whole machine crashes.

Just to narrow down the possibilities, could you try just starting
> an sshd on a custom port, and doing ssh -X to that port?

I guess the machine will crash as well, as when I did simple "apt-get
update" in the container - the resulting network activity killed the machine
too.

--
Arie