[lxc-devel] Request for update Jenkins script for plamo images

TAMUKI Shoichi tamuki at linet.gr.jp
Thu Sep 11 08:35:09 UTC 2014

Hello Stephane,

From: TAMUKI Shoichi <tamuki at linet.gr.jp>
Subject: Re: [lxc-devel] Request for update Jenkins script for plamo images
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:19:42 +0900

> > Perhaps, we should do similar workaround for producing another
> > distribution (centos, debian, fedora, gentoo, opensuse, and oracle)
> > images on the Jenkins server.  I will also investigate them if I have
> > enough time.
>
> I investigated the other distribution images to see if the workarounds
> are necessary or not.

After adding the --numeric-owner trick, I revised the information
which I wrote in my previous mail due to my misunderstanding.

[centos/fedora/oracle]

Although the order of /etc/{passwd,group} is different between on
centos/fedora/oracle and ubuntu, since extracting packages to rootfs
is done in a chroot jail, there seems to be no problem with the uid/
gid issue.

[opensuse]

Although the order of /etc/{passwd,group} is different between on
opensuse and ubuntu, since producing opensuse images on the Jenkins
server is done on opensuse environment, there seems to be no problem
with the uid/gid issue.

[gentoo]

There will be no problem with the uid/gid issue by applying the patch
below.

https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-devel/2014-September/010236.html

[plamo]

There will be no problem with the uid/gid issue by applying the patch
below.

https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-devel/2014-September/010215.html

[debian/ubuntu]

There seems to be no problem with the uid/gid issue.

Regards,
TAMUKI Shoichi