[lxc-devel] quiet mode overriden

William Dauchy william at gandi.net
Thu Sep 4 14:53:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm starting a container using lxc-start and the -q option.
I expect nothing on stderr but when my container fails, I'm getting:

lxc_container: The container failed to start.
lxc_container: Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --log-priority options

I read in lxc_start.c
lxc_log_init which handle quiet option
we then have lxc_container_new

-> in lxccontainer.c
lxc_log_init is called with the fifth argument as 0 which is the quiet
option.

so in log.c, lxc_log_init we have

if (!quiet)
	lxc_log_category_lxc.appender->next = &log_appender_stderr;

in that case the quiet option is ignored since lxc_log_init is called
two times.

Should we consider moving the log_init somewhere else?

Thanks,
--
William