[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 has been released!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jul 5 17:52:46 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-05 at 10:03 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Hi Michael,

> sorry for the delay, I was kinda busy...

> On 18.06.2014 19:15 Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > I'd really like to look at your changes for lxc.spec but I may not
> > be able to do much with it over the next week.  With luck, we may
> > soon see OpenSUSE images for the download template.

> You can find my working version here:

> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC/lxc-vanilla/lxc.spec?expand=1

we've definitely got some problems in there...

Why did you change the license from LGPLv2+ to LGPL-2.1.  That change
would need to be justified and signed off on.

You've defined "Source2" (lxc-createconfig.in) but then you don't do
anything with it.  Having Source1 and Source2 is probably not going to
fly for the stock spec file since it's referencing files which are not
in the source tree.  Are these files which should be added?  If so, they
won't need additional Source definitions.

Some of your BuildRequire's look to be pretty generic (like
docbook-utils, libxslt, linux-glibc-devel, lsb-release).  I'm looking
them over and, if they're valid under the other builds, maybe they
should be moved out of the Suse specific blocks and just be across the
board.

You disable building examples and then seem to copy examples
differently.  Justification?  Packaging differences on Suse?  Necessary?
Is there some way to harmonize this?

Quite a few cosmetic changes (lxc -> %{name}) which seem good.  I have
no heartburn there.

You changed the mode on lxc-user-nic from 4111 to 0111 which seems bad
as it's suppose to be suid according to the man page.

I'm kinda confused about what you were doing with the lua stuff but, as
I didn't have that working, I'm looking deeper at that.  You may have
fixed something in there, I just can't tell yet.

> wanted to split up the changes into
> - needed for opensuse (different package names, etc.)
> and
> - unnecessary / wrong includes (at least according to the openSUSE
> build service).

> But atm I do not have time for this, I hope to come back to this issue
> in a few weeks. Sorry.
>
> Oh, and I have not updated the changelog (at the end of the file) to a
> recent version...
>
> Regards,
> Johannes

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com