[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 has been released!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Jul 7 15:15:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 11:09 -0400, Dwight Engen wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 11:25:57 -0400
> "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw at WittsEnd.com> wrote:

> > > I'd like a little more detail about what you're referring to there.
> > > Specifically, if the openSUSE build service doesn't like something,
> > > I would like to see the specific errors that it's generating.
> > >
> > > In diffing your lxc.spec against the stock 1.0.4 build I see some
> > > changes that I would consider to be largely cosmetic like this:
> > >
> > > 83c109,110
> > > < Requires:	%{name} = %{version}-%{release}, pkgconfig
> > > ---
> > >
> > > and this:
> > >
> > > 56,57c58,83
> > > < Requires: openssl rsync
> > > < BuildRequires: libcap libcap-devel docbook2X graphviz
> > > ---

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Testing builds for Oracle and CentOS 6 run fine without this
> > restriction on rhel level.  I'm lead to the conclusion that the above
> > line is wrong.

> Hi Mike, I added that to make sure we packaged the correct init script. I
> think the rpm will build without it, but we might package the wrong
> init script. If you think its not needed now though because we
> automatically build/install the right things through configure.ac I'm
> fine if you want to remove/rework the with_systemd logic from the .spec.

I think around the init scripts it's probably fine but it's where he
added it around some of the BuildRequires is where I was questioning.
My diff was between the 1.0.4 lxc.spec and his SUSE lxc.spec but I will
double check.

> > I did have to install docbook2X and the lua components from EPEL for
> > both CentOS and Oracle, which may give some people some heartburn but
> > LXC is an EPEL component on those platforms anyways.  I was able to
> > find python3 for CentOS 6 from the SC (Software Collections)
> > repository but have not found it for Oracle yet.  That a significant
> > source of heartburn there but we loose too much functionality
> > otherwise.
> >
> > That was testing with the stock 1.0.4 lxc.spec file.  I'm continuing
> > to review your changes and seeing about integrating them.  Now that
> > I've regression tested my 4 rpm based test environments (Fedora,
> > CentOS, Oracle, openSUSE), I can start to look at integrating your
> > changes.

> > Regards,
> > Mike
> >
> > > Does that openSUSE build system require the "BuildRequires" be on
> > > unique individual lines?  I have no heartburn with breaking the
> > > lines into multiple BuildRequires but I am curious if it was
> > > necessary or merely a "style" issue.
> > >
> > > I'm also more than a little concerned about that later set of
> > > changes, since that materially impacts builds on CentOS 6 ({%rhel}
> > > == 6) and possibly Oracle 6 but I haven't tested those builds in a
> > > long while and I should probably test it.  It has known problems
> > > anyways due to lua and python3 missing.
> > >
> > > I have no problem with those changes and harmonizing the two in the
> > > sources would be fine.  Dwight should probably also review this as
> > > well as this could impact the Oracle builds.

> > > Regards,
> > > Mike

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com