[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 has been released!

Johannes Kastl mail at ojkastl.de
Sat Jul 5 19:37:40 UTC 2014

On 05.07.2014 19:52 Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> we've definitely got some problems in there...

As I said before, just a work in progress, and neither appropriately
documented nor fully thought out. See below.

> Why did you change the license from LGPLv2+ to LGPL-2.1.  That
> change would need to be justified and signed off on.

OBS tells me LGPLv2+ is not a valid license it recognizes. I thought
LGPL-2.1 should be the most appropriate. Again, I could dig into it
again, just give me a few days...

> You've defined "Source2" (lxc-createconfig.in) but then you don't
> do anything with it.  Having Source1 and Source2 is probably not
> going to fly for the stock spec file since it's referencing files
> which are not in the source tree.  Are these files which should be
> added?  If so, they won't need additional Source definitions.

I can't remember adding that source, sure it was not in the spec?

> Some of your BuildRequire's look to be pretty generic (like
> docbook-utils, libxslt, linux-glibc-devel, lsb-release).  I'm
> looking them over and, if they're valid under the other builds,
> maybe they should be moved out of the Suse specific blocks and just
> be across the board.

I started off adapting for suse, and in the meedle of it began to put
my changes into the opensuse-block. I was planning to clean these up,
to have the requires and build-requires for opensuse separated from
the others (although it mostly should be package names...).

> You disable building examples and then seem to copy examples
> differently.  Justification?  Packaging differences on Suse?
> Necessary? Is there some way to harmonize this?

AFAICT that is standard procedure on opensuse, but again, I was just
trying to get the thing top build and stop rpmlint/OBS from throwing
errors...

> You changed the mode on lxc-user-nic from 4111 to 0111 which seems
> bad as it's suppose to be suid according to the man page.

Therefore there is a warning somewhere in the opensuse package, as
installing suid-programs requires interaction with opensuse's security
team and seemed not worth the hassle. Those who need it can set the
permissions correctly.

> I'm kinda confused about what you were doing with the lua stuff
> but, as I didn't have that working, I'm looking deeper at that.
> You may have fixed something in there, I just can't tell yet.

IIRC, the upstream spec builds separate packages, and to avoid stuff
being in more than one package (or OBS throwing errors because stuff
is built and neither included nor excluded) I adjusted the lua lines.

If it is fine with you, I'll try to dig into this again later this
week. Ping me if you haven't heard from me in a week or so, ok?

Regards,
Johannes
- --
`Dobby is a free house-elf and he can obey anyone he likesĀ“
(Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, S. 394)