[lxc-devel] Next few milestones for 1.0

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at 10ur.org
Fri Jan 10 18:54:40 UTC 2014

Hey Stéphane,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Just wanted to give you a quick update on the release plan for LXC 1.0.
>
> The next milestone will be LXC 1.0 rc1 which I plan on releasing early
> next week (Tuesday is my plan for now), after that I plan on doing at
> least one rc release per week until the final release of LXC 1.0.
>
> The tentative release date for LXC 1.0 is the 18th of February.
>
> As we get closer to that date, we'll also be stricter on what gets in.
> I'd strongly recommend that any new feature, new template or user
> visible changes (config entries, ...) be done or at least announced
> before we start rolling out release candidates (so before the 14th of
> January).
>
> The remainder of the time should be used to:
>  - Fix bugs (https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues?milestone=none&state=open)
>  - Update documentation
>  - Update bindings to be in sync with the current API
>  - Write and run tests
>
> Currently known changes that still need landing:
>  - cgmanager support
>  - lxc-start-ephemeral refactoring
>  - possibly a new template (will write a separate e-mail for that)

Maybe I misunderstood but does that mean cmanager integration is going
land after you release rc? If so that sounds little risky to me as I
would expect RC to be a feature complete. What about keep releasing
beta's until that part lands and releasing an RC after that?

S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at 10ur.org>