[lxc-devel] Next few milestones for 1.0

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 10 19:21:55 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:54:40PM -0500, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> Hey Stéphane,
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Just wanted to give you a quick update on the release plan for LXC 1.0.
> >
> > The next milestone will be LXC 1.0 rc1 which I plan on releasing early
> > next week (Tuesday is my plan for now), after that I plan on doing at
> > least one rc release per week until the final release of LXC 1.0.
> >
> > The tentative release date for LXC 1.0 is the 18th of February.
> >
> > As we get closer to that date, we'll also be stricter on what gets in.
> > I'd strongly recommend that any new feature, new template or user
> > visible changes (config entries, ...) be done or at least announced
> > before we start rolling out release candidates (so before the 14th of
> > January).
> >
> > The remainder of the time should be used to:
> >  - Fix bugs (https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues?milestone=none&state=open)
> >  - Update documentation
> >  - Update bindings to be in sync with the current API
> >  - Write and run tests
> >
> > Currently known changes that still need landing:
> >  - cgmanager support
> >  - lxc-start-ephemeral refactoring
> >  - possibly a new template (will write a separate e-mail for that)
>
> Maybe I misunderstood but does that mean cmanager integration is going
> land after you release rc? If so that sounds little risky to me as I
> would expect RC to be a feature complete. What about keep releasing
> beta's until that part lands and releasing an RC after that?

I don't really know when Serge is planning to land the cgmanager support
but yeah, I'm not too opposed to calling next week's milestone "beta2"
so long as it's clear to people that we are a month away from final
release and that we should be focusing more on getting things ready for
the 1.0 release.