[lxc-devel] LXC 0.9.alpha1

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Dec 6 16:57:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 11:54 -0500, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> Hello,

> After discussing this briefly with Daniel, I wanted to make all of you
> aware that we are currently planning on sending a pull request of the
> staging branch on the 10th of December (next Monday).

> This pull request will very likely contain everything that's currently
> in the staging branch and is intended to become 0.9.alpha1.

> I'd therefore recommend everyone tests the current staging branch and
> sends any remaining bugfixes to the mailing list as soon as possible.

> Also, if a change you sent to the mailing-list hasn't been applied yet,
> it's very likely because I missed it as according to my mail client,
> there's no outstanding patch to review. In such case, please reply to
> this e-mail with a reference to your change and I'll make sure it's
> reviewed before I send the pull request.

Notes in building on Fedora 17...

*) Manual configure and build:

configure --help lists --enable-apparmor as an option but does not list
--disable-apparmor.  The default is enabled and the --disable-apparmor
has to be used to build on Fedora without AppArmor.

Sort of cosmetic since most of us building by hand know to invert the
sense of that enable but I think that help listing could use some
touching up.

*) Building rpms using the lxc.spec file in the package...

With the existing lxc.spec file, rpmbuild blows up on Fedora 17 with
this:

--
checking for docbook2man... yes
checking sys/apparmor.h usability... no

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8VlE1L (%build)
--

So it looks like --disable-apparmor needs to be added to the lxc.spec.in
file around line 65 (lxc-spec line 66):

PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin %configure $args --disable-apparmor
--disable-rpath

Even after that, I run into this problem building an rpm:

Fedora rpmbuild is also NOT liking this:

%{_bindir}/*
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-attach
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-create
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-clone
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-shutdown
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-start
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-netstat
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-unshare
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-execute
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-checkpoint
%attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-restart

Results in this...

RPM build errors:
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-attach
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-checkpoint
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-clone
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-create
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-execute
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-netstat
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-restart
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-shutdown
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-start
    File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-unshare

I had to comment out the "%{_bindir}/*" line.  That's probably not right
but I'm not sure how to resolve the dups due to the wildcard statement.

Also got a /usr/local/var/lib/lxc in there at line 100 that's
"@LXCPATH@".  That doesn't look right.  Shouldn't that have ended
up /var/lib/lxc without the "/usr/local" part?  Shouldn't that be using
the rpm macros there too?

After making those corrections, I was able to build rpms for F17 and I'm
starting testing from them now.

> Thanks

Regards,
Mike