[lxc-devel] LXC 0.9.alpha1

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Dec 6 17:30:18 UTC 2012

Deep down below...  A correction...

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 11:57 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> [...]
> > sends any remaining bugfixes to the mailing list as soon as possible.
>
> > Also, if a change you sent to the mailing-list hasn't been applied yet,
> > it's very likely because I missed it as according to my mail client,
> > there's no outstanding patch to review. In such case, please reply to
> > this e-mail with a reference to your change and I'll make sure it's
> > reviewed before I send the pull request.
>
> Notes in building on Fedora 17...
>
> *) Manual configure and build:
>
> configure --help lists --enable-apparmor as an option but does not list
> --disable-apparmor.  The default is enabled and the --disable-apparmor
> has to be used to build on Fedora without AppArmor.
>
> Sort of cosmetic since most of us building by hand know to invert the
> sense of that enable but I think that help listing could use some
> touching up.
>
> *) Building rpms using the lxc.spec file in the package...
>
> With the existing lxc.spec file, rpmbuild blows up on Fedora 17 with
> this:
>
> --
> checking for docbook2man... yes
> checking sys/apparmor.h usability... no
> checking sys/apparmor.h presence... no
> checking for sys/apparmor.h... no
> configure: error: You must install the AppArmor development package in
> order to compile lxc
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8VlE1L (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8VlE1L (%build)
> --
>
> So it looks like --disable-apparmor needs to be added to the lxc.spec.in
> file around line 65 (lxc-spec line 66):
>
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin %configure $args --disable-apparmor
> --disable-rpath
>
> Even after that, I run into this problem building an rpm:
>
> Fedora rpmbuild is also NOT liking this:
>
> %{_bindir}/*
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-attach
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-create
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-clone
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-shutdown
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-start
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-netstat
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-unshare
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-execute
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-checkpoint
> %attr(4111,root,root) %{_bindir}/lxc-restart
>
> Results in this...
>
> RPM build errors:
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-attach
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-checkpoint
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-clone
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-create
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-execute
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-netstat
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-restart
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-shutdown
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-start
>     File listed twice: /usr/bin/lxc-unshare
>
> I had to comment out the "%{_bindir}/*" line.  That's probably not right
> but I'm not sure how to resolve the dups due to the wildcard statement.

Yeah, that was a bad move.  That resulted in things like lxc-ls not
being packaged.  My bad.  So we want all those explicitly listed to be
SUID to root?  We may have to list every binary individually in order to
avoid the duplicate warnings but it turns out they're not fatal anyways
(the failure at that point had been caused the problem below not the
duplicates above).

> Also got a /usr/local/var/lib/lxc in there at line 100 that's
> "@LXCPATH@".  That doesn't look right.  Shouldn't that have ended
> up /var/lib/lxc without the "/usr/local" part?  Shouldn't that be using
> the rpm macros there too?
>
> After making those corrections, I was able to build rpms for F17 and I'm
> starting testing from them now.
>
> > Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Mike