[lxc-devel] Any ETA on the next release?

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 11:59:49 UTC 2011

On 02/03/2011 06:03 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 02:00 AM, matthew byers wrote:
>> rc1 has been released for testing.
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc/files/lxc/lxc-0.7.4/lxc-0.7.4-rc1.tar.gz/download
> I also note that going to
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc/files/lxc/
>
> A) Says that the latest version is 0.7.2 (even though that's obviously
> not the case).

Yep, that will be fixed with 0.7.4
I noticed the 0.7.3 has a regression with the mount point and I decided
to not publish it in the website.
I just uploaded the tarball to the download directory for archive.

> B) Doesn't show anything under 0.7.4 unless you know to click on it and
> look.
>
> In general, sourceforge gives you an awful lot of cobweb pages by
> default.  I'd recommend having the web page be the face of the project
> and linking the bits you use from there.  (For example, from the
> sourceforge page for the project, develop->news goes to:
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=163076

I agree.

> Which has never had anything on it.  (No, I'm not suggesting adding any.
>   Sourceforge _will_ provide infrastructure that any given project
> doesn't use, we should just be clear which bits we are and aren't using,
> presumably by linking them from the web page so people can find them.)

It is already done but I think the web site is not clear enough.

> I do note that sourceforge seems to have provided a wiki, which might be
> useful if it didn't have such a horrible URL.  I don't suppose there's a
> way to set up some kind of website rewrite rule to transparently
> redirect?  (Dunno how the website is currently set up...)

Right the wiki could be interesting, but wordpress gives easy and nice
web editing feature similar to a wiki.
That may be interesting to separate the web part owned by the project
administrator and a wiki where everyone can add information.