[lxc-devel] Any ETA on the next release?

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Thu Feb 3 05:03:44 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 02:00 AM, matthew byers wrote:
> rc1 has been released for testing.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc/files/lxc/lxc-0.7.4/lxc-0.7.4-rc1.tar.gz/download

I also note that going to

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc/files/lxc/

A) Says that the latest version is 0.7.2 (even though that's obviously
not the case).

B) Doesn't show anything under 0.7.4 unless you know to click on it and
look.

In general, sourceforge gives you an awful lot of cobweb pages by
default.  I'd recommend having the web page be the face of the project
and linking the bits you use from there.  (For example, from the
sourceforge page for the project, develop->news goes to:

  https://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=163076

Which has never had anything on it.  (No, I'm not suggesting adding any.
 Sourceforge _will_ provide infrastructure that any given project
doesn't use, we should just be clear which bits we are and aren't using,
presumably by linking them from the web page so people can find them.)

I do note that sourceforge seems to have provided a wiki, which might be
useful if it didn't have such a horrible URL.  I don't suppose there's a
way to set up some kind of website rewrite rule to transparently
redirect?  (Dunno how the website is currently set up...)

Rob