[lxc-users] Same IP in container as host

Narcis Garcia debianlists at actiu.net
Fri Mar 26 17:28:20 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm connecting to a host through SSH and create a single container there.
When I just start container, in a few seconds my connection falls:
"ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer"

I observe that container got same IP address as host. If I stop
container, there is no collision and I can enter host again through SSH.

How can I start that unprivileged container and let it aquire automatic
IP configuration without taking same IP address as host?

All .net parms in config file:

lxc.net.0.type = veth
lxc.net.0.link = lanbr0
lxc.net.0.flags = up
lxc.net.0.hwaddr = 00:16:3E:Ee:5e:07

(*) The only host NIC is attached to lanbr0 too

THANK YOU

--

Narcis Garcia