[lxc-users] Upcoming migration of linuxcontainers.org mailing-lists

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Thu Apr 8 13:50:16 UTC 2021

I did look into this a little while back, from what I remember the
setup they have for lore is:

 - majordomo as the mailing list backend (alternative to mailman)
 - public-inbox as a subscriber to the lists to give you the git layer
and mbox files

So it's actually more complex than what we currently run. Though if
there's interest (someone willing to test and document the setup), we
should be able to setup the public-inbox part still while using Google
Groups as the mailing list handler.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 9:14 AM Serge E. Hallyn <serge at hallyn.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 10:59:07PM -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As part of moving some of our services to newer infrastructure,
> > consolidating things where they make sense and in general reducing the
> > amount of time I need to spend maintaining things, the
> > linuxcontainers.org mailing-lists will soon be migrated over to Google
> > Groups.
>
> Not asking you to do this as google groups sounds like the least
> amount of work, but did you consider going to something based
> on the lore.kernel.org software?
>
> I mean meh - we're not using the lists much, but we'd have more
> of a sense of community if we used email more, and lore, by
> letting you download any thread .mbox I think makes that much
> better than dealing with something like mailman.

Stéphane