[lxc-users] How to attach a volume to a container via the REST API

alexandros giavaras a.giavaras at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 19:40:47 UTC 2020

Stephane,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have already came up with the dict
specification but thanks a lot for confirming me.
Most likely I was not so clear to what I was asking. So let's put it this
way. I have a storage pool named Pool and I have associated
a volume with it let's call it Volume. Now I am creating the container and
I want to attach Volume to it. Here is my non-working dict specification

"MyDataVolume:{
"path":"/opt/data"
"type":"disk"
"source":"/Volume"
}

pylxd.exceptions.LXDAPIException: Create container: Invalid devices:
Missing source '/Volume' for disk 'MyDataVolume'.

Thanks in advance.
Best
Alex