[lxc-users] How to attach a volume to a container via the REST API

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Wed Jan 15 15:03:56 UTC 2020

Same in both cases, such volumes are disk devices attached to the container.
At creation time, you'd add such a device in the `devices` dict sent
through the POST request.
After creation time, you'd fetch the current config using GET, add the
device to devices and then PUT it back.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:57 AM alexandros giavaras <a.giavaras at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering about two related issues.
>
> The first one is this. I am trying to create a container via the REST API.
> I want to attach to it
> an already existing storage volume from a storage pool. Could anyone
> please indicate how I should fill in the input json because I don't seem
> able to find anything useful.
>
> The second issue is this. I have a container already running and I want to
> attach to it
> an already existing volume. How do I do this via the REST API?
> Thanks in advance.
> Best
> Alex

Stéphane