[lxc-users] ghost services on LXC containers

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.com
Thu Aug 13 07:02:30 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

using Debian 10 and lxc 4.0.2 (or 4.0.4) I found ghost services in my
containers. Sample:

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/system.slice/cron.service/cgroup.procs
50
0

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/system.slice/dbus.service/cgroup.procs
48
0

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/system.slice/zabbix-agent.service/cgroup.procs
0
0
0
0
0
0

PID 0 is not valid here, AFAICT. And zabbix-agent isn't even installed
in my container. Its installed on the host only.

Can anybody reproduce this? See also

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2020-August/044999.html
https://bugs.debian.org/968049

Every insightful comment is highly appreciated
Harri