[lxc-users] LXC-3.1 - console disfunctional

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 30 04:40:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 10:37 PM <webman at manfbraun.de> wrote:

> Hi Oliver!
>
> Thanks, but I am using Debian, Buster!
>
> Just to see, if this depends on Buster, I created
> a new container using Stretch, but it behaves the same.
>
> But there error at the end of the createion process:
>
> update-rc.d: error: cannot find a LSB script for checkroot.sh
> update-rc.d: error: cannot find a LSB script for umountfs
> update-rc.d: error: cannot find a LSB script for hwclockfirst.sh
> Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
> 2048 SHA256:SYJi57SfMAjyplQUSjvkHGooFEooE7yQmQBM/Vzgwcw root at medio-rep
> (RSA)
> Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
> 256 SHA256:MHD1GNwlk1EpKOLXKdE6nuIXDm7FgdwVIDXD/Ejcm90 root at medio-rep
> (ECDSA)
> Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
> 256 SHA256:cNmkkLLAFbCvJR0FBL9VL020dMbcvLd0aI4mdeQSFRI root at medio-rep
> (ED25519)
> invoke-rc.d: could not determine current runlevel
> invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.
>
> They don’t tell me, if this is part of the reason.
> The mentioned scripts are not on my install.

That looks like the debian template. Try the download template instead.

 # DOWNLOAD_KEYSERVER=ipv4.pool.sks-keyservers.net. lxc-create -n
buster-test -t download -- -d debian -r buster -a amd64
Setting up the GPG keyring
Downloading the image index
Downloading the rootfs
Downloading the metadata
The image cache is now ready
Unpacking the rootfs

---
You just created a Debian buster amd64 (20190529_05:24) container.

To enable SSH, run: apt install openssh-server
No default root or user password are set by LXC.

--
Fajar