[lxc-users] not allowed to change kernel parameters inside container

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Sat May 25 18:50:59 UTC 2019

Greetings, Saint Michael!

> Thanks to all. I am sorry I touched a heated point. For me using
> hard-virtualization for Linux apps is dementia. It should be kept only for
> Windows VMs.
> For me, the single point of using LXC is to be able to redeploy a complex
> app from host to host in a few minutes. I use one-host->one-Container. So
> what is the issue of giving all power to the containers?

Read the first reply to your first message.
The answer did not change, even after your repeated questioning.
And it will not change, no matter how many times you rephrase it.

The applications in container do not need direct access to the hardware, thus
do not need access to the related kernel facilities.

If application requires direct access to the hardware, it needs a different
kind of isolation. Perhaps, even virtualization.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...