[lxc-users] Howto ignore metadata.yaml template definitions ?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 3 15:16:55 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 02, 2019 at 02:18:05PM +0100, Oliver Dzombic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unfortunatelly the behaviour, to apply on certain actions specific
> template definitions to containers, ruines the stability of our containers.
>
> We do not want our network configuration other files being edited ( and
> ruined ) when we copy containers.
>
> Aswell as do not want the network configuration files to be (re)writen
> on the first start ( alias create ) of the containers.
>
> Is there any way to use the templates from
>
> images.linuxcontainers.org
>
> And ignore/remove/clean the metadata.yaml file ?
>
> Or can we tell lxc init, when we init a container, to ignore that ?
>
> Thank you !

The API lets you modify the templates of a container which was created
from the image, so that any copies of that container will then be fine.

There's no way to directly alter the image in the same way as images are
stored read-only and are generally expected to match their source file
(so they match their fingerprint).

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer