[lxc-users] Error launching first container

toshinao padoauk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 08:50:26 UTC 2018

Hi.

Your machine may be located behind firewall. In my case, even if shell’s environmental
variables such as http_proxy are properly configured, lxc tried to access 127.0.0.53.
(I am not sure wether it was 53.)

I do not to how to directly access cloud-images.ubuntu.com from behind firewall.
Here’s what I did. I prepared lxc/lxc on two locations A: a machine which has direct
internet access and B: a machine behind firewall. The goal is to launch container
on B. (1) I launched a container on A, (2) generate image of the container on A,
(3) copy the image from A to B, (4) import the image on B, (5) finally launch
container from the imported image on B.

Of course these steps are tedious and I hope there’s a better way.