[lxc-users] Does cpu cgroup has been enabled in lxc/lxd

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Thu Nov 1 10:00:17 UTC 2018

>I have no idea on how LXD container works now.
>Maybe udev is disabled or some other mechanism may be used to manage device.

LXC/LXD is not limited to that, but the probably most used model for Containers it that it should form a key-ready environment for a Linux userland to run applications, where all resourced are already provided at a high level: The access to file system may be provided by a bind mount, the network connection is provided by an virtual Ethernet device. This is obviously a good way to keep a concrete Container independent from the concrete hosting platform by separation of concerns.

But if you want or need, you may also put the border on lower levels. You may reach in the access to a mount point and have the Container be responsible to drive a filesystem on this. Or to pass in access to a NIC of the host and have the Container to configure it. And even lower, you may give access to devices and let the Container to bind drivers on it. The lower this border, the more complex (and problematic in terms of security) and more dependent from the hosts this will become. And you may step into current limits of "LXC" or the used kernel features it's based on.

I've no deeper experience with Android at all. Said this, I wonder if it's possible to provide "Android Device" in an Container general manner. I could imagine that it's possible to run a kind of "Andriod Emulator". A quick google point me to  https://medium.com/@AndreSand/android-emulator-on-docker-container-f20c49b129ef . There's a description of running an Android Emulator on Docker and this should be show up the way to do it with LXC.