[lxc-users] Networking Issues

Ray Jender rayj00 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 20:22:24 UTC 2018

Ok, I am starting from scratch. It's seems the more I google LXD MACVLAN,
the more confused I get. I've seen at least 3 different ways to configure
this and none of them seemed to work for me??

So right now I am sitting at a fresh and updated install of Ubuntu 16.04.04.
I have created a partition for ZFS but have not installed it. This is
another confusing part because I have seen it as sudo apt-get install
zfsutils-linux bridge-utils and without the bridge-utils?? Which one is
correct for MACVLAN, if it actually matters?

So, what I need is a simple procedure to configure MACVLAN and one container
so the container can access the internet and also be accessed from the
internet. Can some supply me with that?

Eventually I need to have 4 containers so hopefully once I have one
container up and able to communicate with the internet, the next 3
containers will have no problems.

Thanks and I owe you a beer if I get this running with your help!

Thanks!

Ray