[lxc-users] Clarifiaction on LXD DEB packages

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon May 28 15:29:14 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 04:27:11PM +0200, Andreas Kirbach wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> there is a note about DEB package availaibilty on
> https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/lxd-3-1-has-been-released/1787
>
> ---
> LXD 3.1 will only be made available as a snap package. We will not be
> uploading it as a deb to Ubuntu 18.10 or through backports to previous
> releases. Moving forward all feature releases of LXD will only be
> available through the snap.
> ---
>
> Does that mean there won't be any deb packages for LXD in the future or
> does this only affect feature releases, eg. a future LTS release (4.0?)
> would again be made available as deb?

For Ubuntu this means that starting with LXD 3.1, distribution of LXD
will only happen as a snap, we will not be packaging any new release as
debs.

So LXD 2.0.x (Ubuntu 16.04) and LXD 3.0.x (Ubuntu 18.04) are the only
ones that will keep seeing .deb packages uploaded.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer