[lxc-users] bionic image not getting IPv4 address

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 3 12:49:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:14 AM, David Favor <david at davidfavor.com> wrote:
> Be aware there is a bug in Bionic packaging, so if you upgrade
> machine level OS from any previous OS version to Bionic, LXD
> networking becomes broken... so badly... no Ubuntu or LXD developer
> has figured out a fix.

Wait, what?

I've upgraded three physical machines (and a custom AWS AMI) from
16.04 (somewhat minimal install, with lxd) to 18.04. All have lxdbr0
working fine. Of course that also means I don't have netplan installed
(since 16.04 doesn't have it, and the upgrade process doesn't install
it), which is perfect for me. I like old fashioned
/etc/network/interfaces.d/*.cfg.

Not sure about 17.04/17.10 to 18.04 though.

> LXD via SNAP (which is only LXD install option on Bionic).

Not true. It's not the ONLY option.

# apt policy lxd
lxd:
  Installed: 3.0.0-0ubuntu4