[lxc-users] LXD 3.1: Raft: Failed to contact...

Free Ekanayaka free at ekanayaka.io
Sat Jun 23 12:23:15 UTC 2018

Hello,

first, you should use at least 3 nodes with a LXD cluster, otherwise if
just single node goes down (even for a reboot) you're cluster is
unavailable, because of lack of quorum.

Regarding "lxc ..." commands, there are improvements under work that
should improve performance quite a bit, likely to be released in LXD
3.3.

Finally, the raft error is very likely related to this issue:

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/4548

for which a mitigation is present in LXD 3.2 (which just got released),
waiting for the larger fix in 3.3. That mitigation will also make your
"lxc ..." commands more predictable in timings (no fluctuation),
although for real improvements you'll have to wait 3.3, as said.

So please upgrade to LXD 3.2, and if you still hit those issues let us
know.

Regards,

Free