[lxc-users] LXD: modify IP of snapshot before starting

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Sat Dec 8 04:31:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 09:34:14AM -0600, Steven Spencer wrote:
> All,
>
> My Google search turned up empty, so I'm turning to the list to see if this
> is possible:
>
> * In LXD I make a copy of a container, but want to create a new container
> from it
> * The container has a static assigned IP address, so if I bring up the new

How is the static ip address assigned?  Using raw.lxc, using dhcp config
on the host, using /etc/network/interfaces or the like in the container's
rootfs?

How are you currently copying it?  Are you using lxc copy --stateless?
Can you just pass '-c <config>' to the lxc copy command to change the
ipv4 configuration?