[lxc-users] Hotplugging devices (USB Z-Wave controller) with path value

Lai Wei-Hwa whlai at robco.com
Wed Apr 18 18:22:26 UTC 2018

Hey Everyone,

I was trying to setup hotplugging a USB into an LXD container. I need the path, in the container, to be /dev/ttyACM0. How can I do this?

lai at host:~$ lxc config device add hass Z-Wave unix-char vendorid=0658 productid=0200 path=/dev/ttyACM0
Error: Invalid device configuration key for unix-char: productid

lai at host:~$ lxc config device add hass Z-Wave usb vendorid=0658 productid=0200 path=/dev/ttyACM0
Error: Invalid device configuration key for usb: path

I can pass it though without using the path but then I don't know where it mounts (though, even if I did, I need it to mount where I've indicated).

Best Regards,

Lai Wei-Hwa
IT Administrator
T. (514) 367-2252 ext 6308 C. (514) 218-7400 [ mailto:whlai at robco.com | whlai at robco.com ]