[lxc-users] Is there a reference manual about LXD ?

Pierre Couderc pierre at couderc.eu
Sat Oct 21 00:34:03 UTC 2017

Sorry,  I have not fount it.

I have installed LXD on stretch following Stéphane
https://stgraber.org/2017/01/18/lxd-on-debian.

Fine ! an infinite  progress after my successful install of lxc on
jessie, it seems to me 20 years ago, following  :

https://myles.sh/configuring-lxc-unprivileged-containers-in-debian-jessie/

But, this LXD was a trial. I have installed, it works immediately !

But using all defaults, it is not what I need and I want to reinstall it :

1-Is there a reference manual about LXD so that  I ask for help here
after RTFM and not before as now...

2- How do I erase my first trial : I try to reinit but i says me that :

The requested storage pool "default" already exists. Please choose
another name.

How do I erase the the  storage pool "default" ?

3- My true problem is that I do not want the NAT for my new lxc
containers but that they use the normal addresses on my local network.
How do I do that ?

And how do I assign them a MAC address so they  are accessible from the
internet.

Anyway, a a newby to LXD, the fact that the command  is named sometimes
lxd other times lxc is a, mmm...,   surprise !

I am sure there is a good logic behind that, but it is  a surprise....

Thank you for lxc/lxd !

PC