[lxc-users] Map more than one group to a unprivileged container.

Clément Lecoq clementlecoq1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 22:12:06 UTC 2017

hi !
It's been 2 days i encounter a problem with lxc,
Im trying to bind 3 group between my host and my unprivileged container.
it work great with just one group but not with 2.

this is an extract from my config file:
lxc.id_map = u 0 296608 2100
lxc.id_map = u 2100 2100 1
lxc.id_map = u 2101 298709 63435

lxc.id_map = g 0 296608 2100
lxc.id_map = g 2100 2100 1
lxc.id_map = g 2101 298709 99
lxc.id_map = g 2200 2200 1
lxc.id_map = g 2201 298809 63335

the group i try to bound are 2100, 2200 and 2300

i had this error :
lxc-start 20171002215253.999 ERROR    lxc_start - start.c:lxc_spawn:1171 -
Failed to set up id mapping.

and this is my /etc/subgid :
administrateur:100000:65536
media:165536:65536
clement:231072:65536
emby:296608:65536
emby:2100:1
emby:2200:1
emby:2300:1

my container is running with emby the user emby
i seen many config example but i had never see one with more than one group
mapped