[lxc-users] LXD iptables rules and iptables-persistent?

Ivan Ogai lxc-users at ogai.name
Wed Oct 4 15:58:49 UTC 2017

* Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> [2017-04-16 02:32]:
> When there are other iptables rules applied on the system with
> iptables-persistent [...] - this will basically
> wipe the rules which LXD applies on startup.
>
> What's the recommended approach to deal with it?

Very good question. I've hit by the same issue.

I commented out the lxd rules when creating the file
/etc/iptables/rules.v4 :

    -A INPUT -i lxdbr0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 53 -m comment --comment "managed by lxd-bridge" -j ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -i lxdbr0 -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -m comment --comment "managed by lxd-bridge" -j ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -i lxdbr0 -p udp -m udp --dport 67 -m comment --comment "managed by lxd-bridge" -j ACCEPT
    -A FORWARD -o lxdbr0 -m comment --comment "managed by lxd-bridge" -j ACCEPT
    -A FORWARD -i lxdbr0 -m comment --comment "managed by lxd-bridge" -j ACCEPT

I can add them to iptables-persistent, but wonder where are they
documented.

--
Ivan F. Villanueva B.
https://timefyme.com