[lxc-users] TTY issue

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 16 13:31:29 UTC 2017

Greetings, Saint Michael!

> I use full privileged containers, since this is just a mechanism to move
> around higly complex installations.
> In my business there is one host and one container per box, which uses up
> all resources available.
> What you are saying, basically, is the root-privileged containers is not
> support by LXC, since a container does hijack the host's TTY.

No, it should not. Although I didn't use it on 16.04, but my older LTS'es use
a bunch of privileged containers to encapsulate separate services, and none
exhibit the issue described.
$  lxc-start --version
2.0.8

> Any confirmation of this? I cannot believe this is impossible to solve.

It is most likely possible to solve. Please see another branch of this thread.

OTOH, using unprivileged containers is strongly suggested for general security
considerations.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin