[lxc-users] would there be value in starting an LXD community online collection of how-to related information

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue May 30 01:57:24 UTC 2017

On 30/05/17 10:17, Luis Michael Ibarra wrote:
> For now we have discussions, Core dev blogs, github *md files, lxd
> wiki, etc. Shouldn't be useful to have an official documentation
> channel?
I lean towards an independent option so along those lines this is one
possibly crazy suggestion, FWIW...

- someone register linuxcontainers.wiki (~$30/yr)
- start with a 1GB DigitalOcean droplet
- optionally start a patreon.com project to fund the above
- install Wordpress to easily manage user accounts
- install some plugins like...
   - https://wordpress.org/plugins/yada-wiki/
   - https://wordpress.org/plugins/github-embed/
   - https://wordpress.org/plugins/asgaros-forum/
   - https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack-markdown/
   - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-social-login/

Use WP to mainly manage users and host the plugins but any site pages
can also be easily managed and of course the blog part could be used
for "latest news" and "featured articles". The lightweight forum could
be used for meta discussion and of course the wiki plugin is just that.
The github-embed plugin can provide feedback on various Github projects
and the social-login plugin mostly avoids having to specifically signup
to yet-another-blog-site to get directly involved with the wiki.

I could set all of this up in about 15 minutes but it's a complete waste
of my time unless other folks actually wanted to use it.