[lxc-users] LXD launch fails

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed May 17 22:27:56 UTC 2017

I wrote:

> error: Unable to fetch https://images.linuxcontainers.org/images
>   /fedora/25/amd64/default/20170505_02:42/rootfs.tar.xz:
>   503 Service Unavailable

Stéphane Graber replied:
> That error isn't coming from us. The image servers behind
> images.linuxcontainers.org are two static apache2 servers which are
> incapable of returning a 503 error :)
>
> That suggests that your company's proxy server is being unhappy about
> downloading the rootfs.tar.xz tarball (but not the metadata one
> somehow).

Indeed, the problem was the proxy. It attempts to unzip the tar file to
check for malware but was failing because the tar contains more files
than it can handle. Fortunately, I was able to arrange an exception.

Thanks for the help.
--
   Dave Close

  "Management is doing things right;
   leadership is doing the right things." -- Peter Drucker