[lxc-users] HOWTO: How to run graphics-accelerated GUI apps in LXD containers on your Ubuntu desktop

Massimiliano Malisan max.malisan.uk at gmail.com
Fri May 12 16:20:17 UTC 2017

Hi Simos,

thanks for your great tutorial!
I followed it and almost all runs fine, except that I had to add user
permissions to the gpu device:

lxc config device set <container> <gpu> uid 1000
lxc config device set <container> <gpu> gid 1000

otherwise, even though all X windows were starting correctly, GPU
acceleration was skipped...
Maybe it's because I have an ATI card..

I am running an Ubuntu 16.04 inside an Ubuntu 16.10.

Regards,
    Max