[lxc-users] HOWTO: How to run graphics-accelerated GUI apps in LXD containers on your Ubuntu desktop

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Thu May 4 17:56:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Lago Gonzalez, Diego
<diego.lago-gonzalez at hp.com> wrote:

> Really great job! Thank you!
>
> Next step could be to run a full desktop instance inside LXD using :1 display ;)

Thanks everyone for the support!

There are many things to try, and getting a full desktop in a LXD
container is the great goal.

As for the immediate next steps, I think the following are critical
stepping stones:
1. make very easy the process of setting up the container. Perhaps
some sort of script or scripting framework.
2. actually get people to try these things. There should be bugs and
issues waiting to be discovered and reported.

Simos