[lxc-users] HOWTO: How to run graphics-accelerated GUI apps in LXD containers on your Ubuntu desktop

T.C 吳天健 tcwu2005 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 07:42:48 UTC 2017

Simos , this is a excellent article.

I would like to give my 10 cents to make it better.

When I was using lxc-1.0 I found that when /dev/dri/ is not correctly
configured you might see chrome working but not fully gain gpu acceleration
(i.e. 3d).  Chrome is smart and it will falls to software rendering in this
case and you might not notice it.  To debug you can open chrome://gpu/ in
chrome to see details.  When gpu correctly configured you will see string
like " WebGL: Hardware accelerated".

TC Wu