[lxc-users] How to run GUI apps in an LXD container (with graphics acceleration)

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Tue May 2 11:18:52 UTC 2017

Hi All!

I wrote the following on how to run GUI apps in an LXD container,
https://blog.simos.info/how-to-run-wine-graphics-accelerated-in-an-lxd-container-on-ubuntu/
The common case is when we run already Ubuntu desktop and we want to
get a GUI app
to run in a container and the window to appear in the host's X server.

I made some effort to minimize the requirements and in my case, I did
not even have to add the "gpu" device in LXC.
I tried these with LXC 2.13.

It would be great if you could try the instructions as well, and
report if it works for you.
As a testing app, you can use "glxgears".

Simos