[lxc-users] container's network behavior when host loses connectivity

Spike spike at drba.org
Sun Mar 26 02:20:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

per subject, can somebody please chime in with the expected behavior of a
container's network when the host loses connectivity?

I've had something rather strange happening where a container lost its ip
and claimed the dhcp was not offering one (the container is bridged onto
the lan with a remote dhcp server).

Stopping and starting the network had no effect, I had to completely
restart the container and then its network came back. The only thing that
had happened is that the lan/host had an outage losing its own link, but
I'd expect the container to be able to recover from that, no? Otherwise the
container had been working just fine for weeks.

thanks,

Spike