[lxc-users] Question about creating a container from an ISO

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Mar 24 03:15:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Michel RENON <renon at mr-consultant.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm begining with lxc and containers.
>
> I downloaded an ISO that is an installer.
> I already used it to create a vm in virtualbox.
>
> That ISO is based on debian installer and it adds some telephony
> components : xivo.iso.

Does it access the hardware directly (e.g. T1 PCI card)? If yes, containers
(including lxc) might not work.

> Now I would like to use it with lxc :
> create an empty lxc container and install xivo from the iso.
>
> My problem is that all documentation I could read only starts with an
> existing lxc image, never an empty one.
>
> Is it possible to create and install a container from an ISO ?

Not directly, no.

> If yes, can you point me to some documentation ?

You can copy root filesystem from existing virtualbox installation. Replace
rootfs on an existing lxc container with that, and configure lxc-specific
settings (e.g. find configure_debian on
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/templates/lxc-debian.in)

--
Fajar