[lxc-users] policy for contributing patches?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 15 23:50:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel at aixigo.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> about 4 weeks ago I had sent a (simple) patch to a bug in
> config/init/common/lxc-containers.in to the lxc-devel
> mailing list. Problem: There was no response at all :-(.
> Pretty disappointing. This was not my first patch. In the
> past I found both lists lxc-users and lxc-devel quite
> responsive.
>
> Did I miss to follow some policy here? Do I have to use
> github to post patches?
>

> Every helpful comment is highly appreciated

Hi!

I think you would need to make a "pull request" for your fix,
so that it will appear in the end at
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/pulls

The process for these "pull requests" is described at
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/
With a pull request, the maintainers can add your change with just a
click (if all are fine with the change!).

You would also need to complete the Contributor Agreement, found at
https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/contributors

Simos