[lxc-users] LXD module for Cockpit?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 15 02:56:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 12:00:35PM +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> I asked this question ~18 months ago...
>
> https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2015-November/010516.html
>
> Anyone aware of any new Cockpit module development for LXD?
>
> As I noted before, any Canonical OpenStack based service is way too
> heavy for what I want. Cockpit itself has matured and available as
> regular *buntu packages (not via a PPA) and because it's websocket
> based and largely written in C, with JS/CSS for the web frontend,
> it's very lightweight and performant.
>
> There is a cockpit-machines package that seems to work with libvirt
> so maybe it's half way there.

That's an interesting question.
It's not on the radar of the main LXD development team as we tend to be
busy enough with LXD itself and don't have much cycles to spare to
integrate with external projects (kubernetes and mesos were mentioend too).

But we do have a good friend, Martin Pitt, who's working on the Cockpit
team and who's pretty familiar with LXD. He may have some ideas on what
would be involved there and give some pointers to anyone interested to
work on this.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer